Do you plan to learn Hindi? If it is not your native language, you would surely find the initiative to be challenging. It is not always easy to learn another language other than what you naturally use. It usually takes time and much effort to be comfortable in using another, particularly a foreign language. If you intend to learn Hindi the practical way, here are several simple, yet effective guidelines that could help you do so.
- Regularly visit and read various Hindi websites. The Internet is flooding with so many online sites that are written in Hindi. You may use such sites to know, learn, and understand the language.
- Listen to, and appreciate, Hindi songs or music. You could easily memorize several catchy lines. Take note of correct pronunciation. You could eventually research the meaning of such lines. Intend to use such phrases and sentences appropriately in the future.
- Read materials that offer direct translation from Hindi to English or vice versa. This initiative could be complemented by daily learning about Hindi alphabets and vocabulary.
- Prefer to read Hindi books with lots of dialogues. You could easily translate or understand structures of such sentences, which are more conversational in nature.
- Ask native Hindi speakers to converse with you using the language. You may have friends, relatives, or colleagues who are fluent in speaking and writing Hindi.
- Regularly watch Hindi movies with comprehensive English subtitles. Take note of the English translations of words, phrases, and sentences.
- Always keep a vocabulary list along with a dictionary of Hindi words. Decide to learn at least 10 new Hindi words everyday. Imagine how broad your Hindi vocabulary could be after a week, a month, or a year. As you go on, be determined to gain improvements in spellings, grammar, pronunciation, and construction of sentences.
- Chat online in Hindi. It is like conversing in the language. This way, you could use and practice what you have already learned about the language.
- Intend to write a short essay in Hindi. It would help if you would ask a native Hindi speaker to read and criticize your short composition. Take note of the areas for improvement.
- Play scrabble or word-building games in Hindi. The Internet has many Websites that facilitate online games that could help you learn more Hindi words and concepts. It would help if you would regularly play such. You would enjoy and at the same time keep on learning the language.
- Find materials that would have you fill in blanks in sentences appropriately using the right Hindi words.
- Watch Hindi television shows. Ask your cable television service provider for listings of special channels that carry Hindi content.
- Go out and meet Hindi speakers at the club, the theatre, your school, or the market place.
- Read short stories, jokes, and poems that are in Hindi. It would be better if you could find Hindi comics.
There are many ways on how you could learn Hindi. You may opt to enroll at special language classes. But even without investing dollars into enlisting in such programs, you could still learn the language effectively.